We are hiring marketing professionals for our contractor program!
We are a military family-owned marketing agency, specializing in inbound and customer experience marketing. One of the tenets of our agency is that we recruit veterans, military spouses, and first responder spouses to help them develop their careers in marketing while juggling the unique challenges associated with military and first responder family life.
All marketers start as 1099 contractors, but there are opportunities for full-time work and management positions for high performers.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about the client and drive qualified traffic to their front door (or to their website).
- Develop and deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Clearly define project goals and expectations for the client.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for client websites and blogs that attracts and converts their unique target groups.
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Design marketing materials, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight, and assess against goals.
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly.
- Use data and experience to make appropriate recommendations for improvement to clients.
- Work with the client’s resources and agency resources to maximize project efficiency.
- Nurture the relationship with the client to ensure satisfactory results.
- Must be currently stationed in the CONUS, Alaska, or Hawaii. We are working on opportunities for military spouses stationed in other locations OCONUS, as overseas assignments are a reality for military families. At the moment, we are not hiring in those areas due to the nature and timeliness of the work.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- Must have at least five years of experience in the field of marketing and/or public relations with a heavy emphasis on digital marketing.
- Must have completed Google Marketing Platform Certification.
- Must have completed Facebook Blueprint Certification.
- Must demonstrate a clear understanding of creating and deploying a comprehensive marketing strategy for a small or medium-sized business.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of marketing analytics/KPIs best practices. For example, explain which are essential for specific campaigns, and tell how you would deliver that data to a client in a way that is easy to understand.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of data privacy best practices, and GDPR as they relate to ad targeting.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have a desktop or laptop computer in good working order. Tablets and Chromebooks are not acceptable substitutes.
- Must have the latest version of Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must have an approved anti-virus software installed on your computer.
- Must have a LastPass account.
- Completed certifications in Hubspot Academy, and/or the Content Marketing University (Content Marketing Institute) – or an acceptable alternative preferred.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics, and processing figures with spreadsheets.
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for excellent copy and witty communication.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Experience in media buying.
- Experience managing marketing budgets of varying sizes.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Work from home and control your schedule! We have designed our agency around the military spouse and first responder spouse in various stages of life. You can choose to take on as little at 10 hours per week or leave yourself open for a full 40 hours per week! If your circumstances change, we’ll work with you to build a plan that fits your needs. If you need to take time off to change duty stations and still want to come back to the same number of billable hours – we’ve got you covered! These contracting spots are designed to work with military family life.
- We vet the clients, and you will get paid on a regular schedule – not when we get paid by the client. One of the hardest aspects of being a freelancer is the uncertainty of when a client will pay their bill. We take this pressure off of you.
- Opportunity to earn extra money! In addition to contract hours, every member of our team is empowered to bring in new clients. When you bring in a new client, you earn 5% off of their monthly billing for the life of their contract. Also, you get the first choice to take on those client hours.
- Gain experience in multiple industries! Our clients are small to medium-sized businesses from all walks of life. From service providers to retail stores, e-commerce ventures, to manufacturing and tech companies – we see a bit of everything come through our doors! If you want to expand your resume within a specific industry, we can help to pair you with clients that will help you niche your experience. If you want to build your expertise in a new industry – we will match you with clients that will help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- Scholarships! A portion of our profits goes back into the education of our team every year! These scholarships are offered exclusively to our contractors who have worked for at least one year with our agency. They can be used for degree programs, conferences, and approved marketing courses.
- Veteran, Military Spouse, and First Responder Spouse Preference.
HOW TO APPLY:
Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements above. If we cannot verify any of these items, you will not be hired.
Send your resume, cover letter, portfolio, three references, and rate requirements to email@example.com.